Director of the Preschool
Job Description: Director of the Preschool
The Episcopal Church of Saint Clement
(accepting applications through June 11, 2021)
Mission and Background
Founded in 1952 as a mission of the Church, the Saint Clement Episcopal School seeks to offer an educational environment within a Christian community that promotes the development of children's spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, physical and artistic potential. The school is dedicated to encouraging children's curiosity and to maintaining an atmosphere of love, joy, and tolerance. The program currently enrolls children 2.5 to 5 years old (Jr K). The school day typically begins at 8:00 a.m. and parents have three options to pick up children: 12:45 p.m., 3:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
The Director of the Preschool is a faithful visionary who can:
• foster a safe and engaging school environment that allows all young students to learn, grow and meet their full potential;
• recruit, manage and support a highly functioning and collegial team of teachers and staff;
• manage the school’s administrative and financial systems with skill and precision;
• build relationships among and between the school families, the church, and the wider community; and
• plan for the future, adapt to change and maintain a non-anxious presence in the face of obstacles and challenges.
This position is full time, salaried and exempt (FLSA). Leave includes federal holidays (following the Alexandria Public School calendar), school vacations (including one week around Easter and two weeks around Christmas), emergency closings, and 20 annual leave days.
This position reports to the Head of School/Rector of the Church of Saint Clement. A competitive salary and health and retirement benefits are offered.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to Rev. Robin Razzino at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday June 11, 2021.
Full Position Description available HERE.